Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Indirect Mortar use

I previously posted a thread about a limitation I ran into re a 500m limit on indirect fire. Well fianlly figured out problem, I was doing it wrong (Doh!) but in doing so I did find out an alternative way to utilize it as well.

You can initiate indirect w/ mortars by the standard way, selecting the mortar and (if target is in LOS of HQ it fires) but also if you have double clicked (right click? for PC's?) which select all C&C squads, targeting the HQ unit also targets the mortars as well BUT there is a 500m limitation for max range, even if mortars range exceeds that.Caveat/warning, the HQ unit also fires and this may reveal his position.

Not sure why the limitation( it's most likely a product of the range of the HQ's weapons, but inconsistent as to mortars use.

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

if you have double clicked (right click? for PC's?)

*snip*

Not sure why the limitation( it's most likely a product of the range of the HQ's weapons, but inconsistent as to mortars use.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PCs double-click to select all units in a HQs command.

It's a limitation of group select. Notice if you select a bunch of squads and a HMG, you only get the move command and not run. Same thing.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right