Question on Scenario Design

I'm designing my first scenario and I'm baffled on one issue I can't find the answer for the the manual. How does the designer assign units to a specific deployment zone?

I know there are three different colored set-up zones for each side. And I've set them up as such, and would like to place a heavy MG pillbox in a specific place on top of a cliffside. All my units show up in the green zone when I start the game. I can't figure out how to place the pillbox in a designated spot and just leave it there for the scenario player.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Loki.

I'm obviously missing a major point here. I don't even know how to place a unit in its own colored zone. Also how do you padlock a unit in place?

I read the manual but didn't find this info. Maybe my reading comprehension sucks this late at night.

Jess

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm obviously missing a major point here. I don't even know how to place a unit in its own colored zone. Also how do you padlock a unit in place?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To set up the colored zones, go to the map editor and hit the ZONE button up in the upper left corner area. This puts the editor in zone-making mode. You'll see the map tiles overlaid by colored squares. It always starts with a default red area for the Allies and a default green area for the Germans. The rest of the tiles will have gray outlines, meaning neutrual. To change the colored areas, just click on the color you want and then click the tiles on the map you want that color. If you screw up, just use gray to erase the color.

Once you have the zones established and units purchased, hit the PREVIEW button in the editor. Then click on a unit, select P for place, and dump it into one of the areas surrounded by a colored set-up area border. Repeat for all units you want in these areas. Units that you put in such zones will show up in the set-up phase during play with their bases colored the same as the border of the area they are in. The player can then put them anywhere inside that border. And note that you can make multiple patches of the same color, so that a unit placed in Red Area #1 for example, can be put in Red Area #2 during the set-up phase.

Padlocking units fixes them in place. During the set-up phase, they have orange bases and the player can't move them at all. To do this, use the PREVIEW mode to put the unit where you want, then bring up its orders menu. Select Padlock and voila.

Note also that if you put a unit in the gray area outside of all colored set-up zones, it's the same as padlocking it. In the set-up phase, you can't move it.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Bullethead,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my simpleton questions. Set up is so easy to do that it's embarassing that I couldn't figure it out!

I guess I was expecting to assign the units to a set up zone from outside of the preview map. When I did look at the preview map it was for terrain only; I never saw the purchased units in the map corners of my large heavily wooded map.

Again, thanks for your help and your time.

Jess