BOATS -RUBBER NOT TIN

I am yet to recieve the game... AHHHHHHHHHH !, so i base this on the catalogue imfo. i have seen. The assaults boats are the old 3D model, 1945 Yankie tin cans?

It was the accuracy of this game that attracted me to it, so why not model a rubber dingy like those used by the russians and germans. Also can you transport Heavy weapons in the boats ie: 37mm AT guns as the germans did? (seen old photos). I want to be able to recreate river crossing with counter attacks.... :confused:

( PS: Any ferrys ?)

. Also can you transport Heavy weapons in the boats ie: 37mm AT guns as the germans did? (seen old photos). I want to be able to recreate river crossing with counter attacks....

( PS: Any ferrys ?)

No and No. Assault boats will only hold Light weapons like mortors and HMG's. The only real at "Guns" that can travel by Assault boat are the German 28mm AT rifle and 75mm Recoiless gun.

And no, no ferrys for heavy equipment. You have to make due with Bog Heaven...erm shallow fords.

I really miss the truck towed heavy assault barges from Steel Panthers.

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Another thing the Germans had (don't know about the Reds) was a wooden assault boat with an inboard motor. This would be the thing for crossing water that was either wide or swift. I guess a couple of them could have been used to tow a pontoon raft with a gun or a vehicle on it and to postition pontoons when used to build a bridge.

Michael

If there's just one boat and it's the old CMBO generic sloooooooow rowing boat modell or somefink, I'm disappointed. This means no realistic historical river-crossing assaults. :(

Finn's too had fast assault boats with motor (and russkies too with all probability), and you could place a machine gun in the front suppressing the enemy on the other side while charging through the smoke. :cool:

These assault boats should have inherent crew (1-2) and be able to return after delivering the load, and besides being carried by hand it would be nice if they could be loaded in a truck. Alas, the current model probably wont let MG's fire when carried.

As for rafts or towing or somefink to move heavies accross, I would imagine the answer is the usual "not in the scope of the game". And rightly so.