Wiltz Scenario: Thanks Wild Bill

My counterpart, Captain Spaulding, and I are both playing the Americans vs the AI I have the right side of town including middle hill and he has the left side of town. What a great scenario. We play by email: each does their own unit plots, then one player does the GO !. We communicate by phone or email as to the action for the non viewing player. Although we both plot our own moves we switch off as to who sees the Go! execution. We have experienced a lot of the action outcomes that I read about in other Wiltz after battle commentaries. AT gun had some kills, but got knocked out. One Sherman knocked out. Bazookas knocked out some enemy armor. Our mortars were too much for the german APCs We are still fighting with 3 turns to go. German armor except for the Panther kayoed but there are lots of German squads moving up in the woods to attack middle hill. I dont know how it will end but having great fun. When I expect my favorite theater: Early Western Desert?

My turn to say thanks, Louie. This is a very unique approach to playing a battle. I like it. It undoubtedly shows something of the confusion that also could exist with units under a separate command, coordination, etc.

Well done!

And thanks for the kind words on the scenario. It is still one of my own personal favorites and offers replays for varying strategies from both sides.

I'll see if I can find a Princess to send your way biggrin.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Napoleon1944

Loading it right now as a German. I will be able to use smoke mask my advance better than the AI. I will let you know.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Napoleon1944

Haven't tried Germans yet, but did max out the experience level to the Germans and they won a tactical victory. The tanks were much more agressive, but I rarely saw the infantry. All my tanks were destroyed. I reccomend this setting. I was just wondering if you are elite, will this bump up your level to super elite? Did you do any research on this battle? I need a map for this area. THANKS!

We're all playing Wiltz as the first round of our NorCalifornia tournament thingy. If the Germans are too aggressive early on, it seems that the Allies have a distinct advantage in the beginning if they are willing to be aggressive themeselves.

My own game looks like after an initial German disaster (I rushed two Shermans to meet the 4 halftracks because I knew there was no tank support possible courtesy of deployment restrictions.) the Germans are starting to crawl back into the game.

Then again, I am taking silly chances with my armour..

NTM

------------------

The difference between infantrymen and cavalrymen is that cavalrymen get to die faster, for we ride into battle!