Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Background Sound Mod?

I assume you mean the sound of distant guns (kinda like thunder) that is the general ambient sound of the game. I'm not sure where you can find it, but I noticed the menu ambient sound of Saving Private Ryan is similar, but might be different enough for your liking. I would think you could get ahold of this somehow, as I recognize sounds from various sound mods that were taken directly from the movie. The scene where the halftrack is blown up by the bazooka (Matt Damon's first scene) is the same exact sample used in the game for halftracks (at least the mod that I am using is).

I already have Scipios rain mod. Really good, but i mean the sound when it doesnt rain. You can hear Explosions far away and so on. You can hear it all the time, but you can stop it with alt+s ;) Where can i find an alternative??? :confused: The one with Ryans sounds sounds good, but where to get it??? :rolleyes:

Funny you would bring this subject up just now because I have been thinking the same thing now for weeks. Something different would be really nice. Sounds like we may get our wish if Captain Wacky comes through. Here's hoping.

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Your idea about SPR ambience has sparked my curiosity. After finals in two weeks I'll be home with my DVD of SPR. With the DVD drive in the new comp, I may experiment with ripping sounds out of the movie to do an SPR soundpack.

The Pvt. Ryan soundtrack is already available. I got it from the IL-2 forum on SimHQ. I don't know what it takes to use it with CM, but I believe it's a wav file. Actually, a couple of wav files since it's split up for use as intro, menu, etc. music.

I fear it's too big to email, but if you're interested I'll try. Another option is to post on the IL-2 forum to find the guy who has it for download.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by McUnknown:

Are you going to mod it? I´m looking for a new background sound for some time, but i couldnt find one :( Or do you know where to get one?

There is a new background sound in my pack. Get it at thforums

[ May 01, 2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]