Mod questions

Pardon to the Grogs for the neophyte questions but,....

To organise mods there are two programs (from CMHQ), the mod manager and CMMOS, should I download and use both? The former for terrain and the latter for units?

I am trying to locate Magua's Normandy set and see that it is hosted by CM outpost and Combatmissions, the problem is that the latter is unavailable. Is it out for the count or just temporarily unavailable? If no longer available is there another site where his mods are available?

When using the mod manager is it necessary to install the mods in the order specified by the designer or it this automatic allowing one to simply select all mods desired for installation? For example, Magua's normandy mod 6 must be installed after the others, in mod manager must I then a) install 3,4,5 and then 6 separately or B) 3,4,5,6 all at the same time? I presume a) but B) would make life a lot easier!

I want to play the "Hasting's Howards" with the D-day mod and Magua's terrain. I should therefore use the mod manager to install Magua's terrain and then the Normandy mod? If I then want to play a regular mod and remove the D-day terrain is there an easy way to do this or do I have to reinstall Magua's terrain again?

Sorry for all the questions, I'd rather get it right from the beginning,

John

John,

A would reccomend the use of CMMOS for the installation/swapping of terrains. The Field&Stream set linked above contains Magua's Normandy. Hastings' Howards and the D-Day! mod will look just fine in conjunction with any terrain you're currently using however.

Just copy your original bmp folder to another location to preserve it (or, if your using BTS originals this isn't improtant since they can be pulled off of the disc) and place the D-Day! mod bmp's into your original Cmbo/Bmp directory.

Enjoy and GET UP THAT BEACH!

[ February 15, 2002, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Clubfoot,

Have every intention of brewing a nice cup o cha amongst the German bunkers, you've done such a splendid job on the terrain I want to be able to sit there and enjoy the sea view (including the bit of incongruous Brighton pier)! Actually most of the scenarios that I am playing recently are Der Kessel in origin, any more beach assault scenarios planned using your mod?

John

Clubfoot,

Have every intention of brewing a nice cup o cha amongst the German bunkers, you've done such a splendid job on the terrain I want to be able to sit there and enjoy the sea view (including the bit of incongruous Brighton pier)! Actually most of the scenarios that I am playing recently are Der Kessel in origin, any more beach assault scenarios planned using your mod?

John

I have just recently gotten the new CMMOS F&S version, and would recommend it for anyone. I had already done a second install for Clubfoots excellent D-Day mod, which I also highly recommend. IMHO CMMOS has been a godsend and the latest version is just that much better, my hat is off to all the talented folks involved in this, and every other mod out there, Thanks!