Stupid CMMOS question

I just downloaded Ver. 4.0.

However, when I fire up CMMOS 4.o and toggle to CMBB using the button on the bottom, it says "No Rule Sets--please install Rule Set Packages"

So I go to Combat Mission HQ, download a rule set and put it into the following directory.

C:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions\CM Mod Option Selector\CMBB\RuleSet052-000

I put the .bmp inside of the the BMP folder in the CMBB program folder. Well, fire up CMMOS again, and I STILL get the message that I have no rule sets installed.

Am an I dunce, or am I missing something here??

One of the important new features of CMMOS v4.00 is that you no longer manually unpack mods and rule-sets, but that you install them using CMMOS itself. Download a rule-set zip, run CMMOS, press the "Configure" button, select the "rule-sets" tab, press the Add button and location the rule-set zip.

Please see the file User_Readme.rtf that is in CMMOS' install folder or see the following thread:

Step-by-step instructions

Gordon--

Thanks for that explanation -- yes I AM a dunce (or should I say an inveterate non-reader of documentation). I am downloading and configuring as I write.

Thanks too for all your work in setting this up and making it happen. I know you are "retiring" but you do know your efforts are much appreciated here.