Big Arty-On my side?L'Ab Blanche Scen (spoiler)

Great scenario. Called the Nebelwurfer in with troops no closer than 200m (and not many that close). Nebelwurfer spotter gets a bead on a nice cluster of guns and calls the strike.

HELL RAINS ON EARTH! Two beautiful tree bursts-- KILLING 30 OF MY MEN!!! HUNDREDS OF METERS AWAY FROM TARGET!!!! CLEAR LINE OF SIGHT FOR SPOTTER!!!

So next time I'm going to target my own troops... couldn't hurt, and I may get just one pickle in the Barrel. (BTW, I still pushed on and earned a tactical).

First encounter with the mongo rockets... and I don't think I killed a SINGLE ENEMY TROOP!!! Another cluster of troops sitting in RESERVE soiled their trousers and ran another 100m away!

With the spotter spent, I sent the little bastard trotting into an AT gun. Adios, Mein Herr!

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races

Guest Michael emrys

Heh. I was playing the other side when the rockets arrived. They did a pretty good job on me, taking out three of my 76s. Got a German HQ too, which I thought was poetic justice (though not nearly enough). Interestingly, one blast that took out two gun crews in the open didn't even shake up an HQ of mine that was nearby but in a foxhole.

Like I said in the other forum, rocket artillery is not a precision instrument. I can't say whether or not BTS has exaggerated its CEP, but it was never terribly accurate, nor was it required to be. It is an area saturation weapon and should probably be kept at least 500 meters away from your troops.

Michael