Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

QB Backwards Set up

Kalar

My first post...long time lurker, first time contributor.

I set up a QB last night and loaded the 'Cemetery Hill' map. I had defended as Soviets in the CD scenario, so I thought it would be fun to bulldoze the same town as an attacker.

I bought my SS Mech force (1250 pts, assualt w/ pre-existing casualties (10%?) = 2800 HUNDRED pts of sheer fun) and set up in the now too-small setup area. (small map).

I allowed the computer opponent to select new forces, so I wouldn't know the defensive layout and to pretend each side had been reinforced overnight.

Before the setup phase was over, I noticed some of my men facing away from the Russians...so I turned them around w/ 'group' and 'rotate'.

I was quite surpised when the curtain rose to see half a dozen Soviet tanks, lined up in front of their defenses (too small of setup area for those points too...)and facing East!!

The PZ-IIIh's lit up a T-34 and a BT-70 before the tankettes scattered like cockroaches w/ a light switch turned on and the surviving T-34's sought cover just as quickly.

So, I know the set up area was too small, but backward facing tanks?? Any insight? Any one else find something similiar?

When you load a QB map, the troops are orientated the same as a normal QB. Russkies go west, germans go east. This does not work with many scenarios.

I wrote up a short piece on the rules CM follows with QB maps, I will try and dig them up.

WWB