newbie question

M113

I'm about to buy the bundle pack. Looking around I see no info on how many scen., campaigns, or operations there are in the games.

Are there linked scen.? Are battles randomly generated?

I loved the demos. I'm just wondering about the format of the rest of the game and how many battles come with the game.

It doesn't matter how many battles and scenarios are on the disk. There are more than you'll ever have time to play @ the scenario depot:

http://ns9.super-hosts.com/~dragonlair.net/combatmission/

A 'battle' in CM is a onetime affair of some 25 to 40 turns. 'Scenarios' are a string of linked battles (dynamic damage on maps and losses that affect your forcepool) all on the same huuuuge map. The outcome of the last battle decides which ground you control at the beginning of the next.

And there are tons of cool user-made scenarios out there :D

Originally posted by M113:

I'm about to buy the bundle pack. Looking around I see no info on how many scen., campaigns, or operations there are in the games.

Are there linked scen.? Are battles randomly generated?

I loved the demos. I'm just wondering about the format of the rest of the game and how many battles come with the game.

There are premade scenarios (single battle) and operations (a series of battles) on the disk in both CM:BO and CM:BB. Both games allow the computer to generate battles according the specifications that you set. The games allow for the computer to choose forces for both sides or each player to choose their own up to a predetermined point level. There also are "battle maps" created by players, which you can download from sites like the Scenario Depot, Boots and Tracks and Der Kessel, to name a few. You can also create your own.