Finding TCP/IP opponents

I've been thinking, since everyone and his mother, father, uncle and half daughter has AOL, why not set up an AOL or AIM list of CM players' screen names? I think this would be a lot easier than having to check the occasional member profile, and we could converse with ease, as well.

Any thoughts?

With AIM you just make a group, lets say "CM opponents" then when you add some one to your buddy list you would put them in that group. When that person or persons are online you will see thier names under that group name, and you can message them if you would like to get into a game of CM.

Well if a list of instant messenger names could be posted some where, anyone who wanted to find a opponent could go to that post and get the names, and what service they use be it yahoo messenger or aol, that way during the week if you are on line you will see if anyone else is online that is under you "CM group list", they will be online and you know they are there and you could instant message them and ask if they would like to get a TCP/IP game starteed. Maybe a site like the "Scenario Depot" would post the list. That way you could get a good scenario to boot, hey that reminds me "Boots and Tracks" might post it to.