question about LOW ammo

When my MG's say they have LOW ammo, what does that mean? Is it possible to get more? Do they conserve for very critical moments? I don't have the full game, so I can't use the manual for reference. Is there a copy of the manual online somewhere? If someone could help me out with any of these questions, I would appreciate it.

I am also very sorry for all these "beginner" posts I've been writing, but in order to be good, I gotta know.

Thanks, Matt

[This message has been edited by Ezmartini (edited 12-21-2000).]

from the manual:

"SMALL ARMS AMMO

Small arms and MGs use abstracted "ammo points". When a squad or team fires it expends one ammo point. Infantry units never run completely out of ammunition. Instead, when the last ammo point has been used, ammo is considered to be "low". Such units rarely fire more than once a turn and even then primarily in self-defense."

furthermore:

"..This simulates the occasional scrounging of ammo of the battlefield as well as exchanging the last few clips between squad members."

also:

"Machineguns on vehicles are treated like other Small Arms. Ammo counts for MG's are displayed in the unit's Detailed Unit Information window."

to view a unit's detailed unit information window, select the unit and press enter.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stic.man:

furthermore:

"..This simulates the occasional scrounging of ammo of the battlefield as well as exchanging the last few clips between squad members."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this mean that your infantry can scrounge ammo from dead teammates, or do you just mean they do it between the squad? If the former, is true, how do you do it? Thanks for all the replies

Matt

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Actually what it means is that your infantry won't ever completely run out of ammo. You don't have to do anything, your men will just fire very rarely.

No you cannot scrounge between squads, its just an abstraction of the fact that your men are low but not out, they are saving their ammo and using it sparingly.

Instead of firing constantly you may see them fire once or twice in a turn. It means they are low on ammo not out of ammo, so they are down to the last few magazines and as such will conserve the remaining ammo but not firing at everything that moves. Hope this helps. smile.gif

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

[This message has been edited by Der Unbekannte Jäger (edited 12-21-2000).]