Rocket Spotters and TRPs

Originally posted by Tigrii:

If a rocket spotter fires on a TRP, what happens? Are they extremely accurate like with artillery? I hope so. Imagine 144 300mm rockets hitting the same place at the same time! :eek: :D

It depends on whether or not he has LOS. Without it, his shots will go all over the place.

Originally posted by justgazgaz:

why would he need to have a line of site to the pre determined point? all he would need to do is order the strike in,the coordinates would already be at the firebase.

-War is fantastic to those whom have never been in one-

Dunno. All I know is I just called down a preplanned 300mm rocket barrage on a TRP that I didn't have LOS to and the mayhem rained all over the place. Messy, yet impressive.

I think TRPs give you faster response time and also guarantee that the rocket barrage will be targetted on the correct location (as opposed to the off-target barrages that sometimes happen when you target without LOS), but do not reduce the spread of the impact points.

This would make sense given the nature of rockets - unguided rockets are a pretty darn inaccuarate weapon, and there's not much 'pre-targetting' is going to do to improve accuracy.

Cheers,

YD

For rockets:

I don't think that LOS matters when firing on TRP, or firing a prep-barrage. You will get the "ideal" spread for rockets, which means keep your troops about 500m away from the "target"

When firing "normally," if you don't have LOS it may come in hundreds of meters off, and even w/ the normally wide rocket spread in ideal conditions, you may still completely miss the target.