Quick battle balance

In CMBO, the attacker had a distinct advantage, it was very hard to win as a defender against a competent opponent.

In CMBB it seems to be the other way round, the defender has the advantage. The game system has changed a lot, but the point ratios has stayed the same.

BTS: Are there any plans to review the point balance?

Maybe it is just my bad tactics, but I see it happening to everyone.

Of course it depends largely on the terrain as well, and moderate/heavy trees seem to get a better balance. But how would you balance a game in light trees or open terrain?

Ideas welcome.

Originally posted by BlackVoid:

In CMBO, the attacker had a distinct advantage, it was very hard to win as a defender against a competent opponent.

In CMBB it seems to be the other way round, the defender has the advantage. The game system has changed a lot, but the point ratios has stayed the same.

BTS: Are there any plans to review the point balance?

Maybe it is just my bad tactics, but I see it happening to everyone.

Of course it depends largely on the terrain as well, and moderate/heavy trees seem to get a better balance. But how would you balance a game in light trees or open terrain?

Ideas welcome.

Good point. Wasn't the old rule of thumb that you needed two or three to one odds to attack? At the moment in QB's it three to two. Should we be increasing the default settings somewhat?

My ideas:

1. In general the attacker should get +10%

2. In light trees the attacker should get +20%

3. On open terrain the attacker should get +30%

I am going to test these settings against the AI in all infantry (or maybe mech) battles.

No tanks, because then it will boild down to who wins the tank battle. Sometimes this is too easy against the AI.