Multiple Victory Location Flags

This may be old news but I wasn't aware of it.

When designing scenarios, you can put multiple victory flags on the same location. This gives some flexibility if you wish a particular location to be extremely important. I just placed three large flags on one building. That VL location is now a 900 point Victory location.

This can also help in exit scenarios. I have a scenario in which one on-map location needs to be captured. In addition, I wanted the arriving reinforcements to have the option of exiting. However the game deducts points for non-exited units which was not my desire. So I have compensated for the negative points by adding additional VL flags to the same location as the one on-map victory location. I could have given negative points to the defender. But if I had, the attacking side would have had the victory points to win before the game even started. The extra flags did the trick.

are you sure the large flags aren't 400?... if they're indeed 300, what have i been smoking?

anway, yes i too like to use multiple flags in the same location... you may want to keep in mind though that in the case of the ai, it doesn't appear as though such a location is given any greater weight...

as for exiting units, as another option were you aware you could set them to 'exit' or 'no exit' when you design the scenario...

just a few random thoughts...

In my version, the large VL flags are worth 300 pts. And I have been restricting the number of VL flags to a bare minimum, usually one, because of how the AI reacts to the capture of a flag.

I could remove "exit" from the units but exiting is an interesting consideration in this particular scenario.

In the scenario, "Breakout...Minsk, 41", all original on-map troops had the objective of capturing a village with the VL location. The mission for reinforcements was to exit the map for Minsk. So the player would have to make a decision with his reinforcements to bypass the village or assist in taking the village and then hopefully still exit the map. And it is definitely a hard fight to capture the village.

In my mind, capturing the village should be the primary objective with exiting as a secondary but vital objective. The problem was that capturing the village was only worth 300 pts with its one flag. In addition, every vehicle that doesn't exit counts as negative points which adds up to a lot of points. The reality is that it makes more sense to bypass the village and just exit the map. Not what I wanted. The extra flags makes it worthwhile to place capture of the village as the primary objective with exiting as a nice bonus.

Now I have to get out a new version of the scenario.