Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

moving target?

Ok,

Possiblities are that this has already been discussed, but having said that...

Do people think that the speed of a moving target is taken realistically into account in how hard a target is to hit?

For example an I would think that given WWII optics systems that a M18 doing 55 mph down a road would make a pretty hard target for a side shot from just about any unit.

Just a thought -- maybe I have been just very unlucky ;)

Cheers,

conversely you may also want to ask how accurate can a M18 be while firing when traveling 55 mph down a road in CMBO

EVEN in the FIRST demo it BLEW me away in LAst Defence or Reisburg when those Three Hellcats come SCREAMING down that hill that at FULL speed they could knock out that TIGER one on the first SHOT.

I played the scenario OVER and OVER with those three Hellcats ordered to Speed on FAST down that hill while all targeted and fired on that hapless Tiger and of the Three of them ALMOST every time one of them would KO that poor Tiger. I was dumbfounded.

Still am actually.

-tom w

Well, I think I opened my mouth a little too quickly:

I did a quick test and found that a PZ IV has about a 47% chance of hiting a sideways stationary M18 at 750m. I built a pavment map with one ridge separating each side so that the M18 could get full speed and then just pop out the other side before either tank had a chance to shoot. The results -- the PZIV has a 9% chance of hitting the M18 doing 55mph and the M18 has a 2% chance of hitting the PZIV while traveling at that speed.

I beg forgivness for ever doubting the balistics of this game.

I feel shame.

;)