CMHQ chat/opponent finder

I use the latest version of Netscape (also have Netscape Communicator 4.7 & Internet Explorer 4.5 at my disposal) on a blue & white Mac G3 (400mHz / OS 9.1 / 320 MB RAM). I thought these were Java-enabled browsers but I'm not able to access the CMHQ chat. So Java is not enabled? I tried the "preferences" under the EDIT menu - no avail.

Would someone help me to see the folly of my ways? I would like to scout for foes at CMHQ chat but i simply can't get in to it...

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Fairbairn-Sykes Trench Knife ]

Hmm, I don't have a Mac but I am using Netscape 4.75 at the moment, and it seems to have worked. Yesterday afternoon, for some unknown reason, the Java chat was offline, but it was still accessable thru IRC. Which would also be the simplest way to solve your problem. Check out www.mirc.com, and setup a link to www.combatmission.com, port 7000, to join room #lobby and you are set.

WWB

[edited as per Matt's suggestion]

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

Check out www.mirc.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this software appears to be for windows only - according to their download page. anyway, i still have the same problem - i cant get into CMHQ chat - even when everything java-related at the site is working. This seems to be a problem with my browser(s) and or extensions - it should be simple, i thought i was using a java enabled browser. WHY?!

Well, that is beyond me, as I avoid macs like the plague. In IE you might want to go into the advanced tab of the internet options and make sure java is enabled. You also might not have java installed in the first place.

There are irc clients avaliable for Macs, but I cannot name any of them.

WWB