Will you be playing as attacking russians, it's a hassle!

I chose this as the first game I played in the demo - wish I had chosen the Axis first. I read that the Advance order was supposed to simulate running from cover to cover. I found that (aside from crawling) the best thing to do was in fact get the troops to run from cover to cover manually rather than use the advance order. At least that way if they get supressed they usually head for the cover that you ordered them to anyway.

As a side issue I found that the graphics don't seem to do a very good a job of showing elevation from higher camera angles on that map. Maybe I just have to get used to it but it took me a while to realise there was more cover on than map than it appears.

As a side issue I found that the graphics don't seem to do a very good a job of showing elevation from higher camera angles on that map. Maybe I just have to get used to it but it took me a while to realise there was more cover on than map than it appears
This, I think, is the bane of the CM series. It's very hard to see the slight elevations in terrain even from the lower levels. I wish the los and orders lines would stick to the ground...that'd help alot.

Originally posted by Bruce70:

As a side issue I found that the graphics don't seem to do a very good a job of showing elevation from higher camera angles on that map..

It is easy to change the terrain files to make the altitude more obvious. Open them up in something like Photoshop and incrementally darken the lower ones and lighten the higher ones. I plan to do this tonight for myself...I can email you my files when I'm done if you want.

Originally posted by tecumseh:

It is easy to change the terrain files to make the altitude more obvious. Open them up in something like Photoshop and incrementally darken the lower ones and lighten the higher ones. I plan to do this tonight for myself...I can email you my files when I'm done if you want.

Thanks but I don't find it a huge problem as long as I'm aware of it. I don't like the look of the map if the contrast is too high. I'll have a look at some mods as they come out and re-evaluate the situation then.