Pz VI .VS. Hut

gentleman, must i remind you that you and your crew do not own the tank. it is state property and must be handled with care and caution. if you look in the manual in the section on proper care for you tank, subsection d. and i quote: this is not your tank! it is on loan to you from the(insert fatherland or motherland here. hmmm.. maybe those 2 should get together and make a babyland.. anyway), and must not be used in an abusive manner!(ie driving through houses, farms, or pizza huts. in the case of pizza huts, please park OUTSIDE and walk in. best to call ahead so you don't have to wait too long. by the way, i prefer meat lovers(no shrooms!). you fly and i'll buy!).

that will be all gentlemen. dismissed! :D

[ October 23, 2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: zukkov ]

Originally posted by Jarmo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bartokomus:

"I read it as Topic: Pizza Hut. Can a Tiger go to a drive thru Pizza Hut?"

More importantly, how long for a Tiger to deliver FROM Pizza Hut?

:D

I'd buy a pizza if they delivered with Tigers. Cold or not.</font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

the centrepiece of these one room shacks were large brick ovens - they had a brick surface on top that stored heat during the day, and during the night, the family would sleep on top of this warm brick stove. It would present a fairly substantial obstacle to a vehicle attempting to run through the shack, I would presume.

Now a brick slab is something one would tend worry about. It'd be a suprising jolt to the casual 'hut surfer' (a.k.a Tiger cruising at 15 - 20 kph).

Originally posted by zukkov:

and must not be used in an abusive manner!(ie driving through houses, farms, or pizza huts. in the case of pizza huts, please park OUTSIDE and walk in. best to call ahead so you don't have to wait too long. by the way, i prefer meat lovers(no shrooms!). you fly and i'll buy!).

that will be all gentlemen. dismissed! :D

LOL! And you get 1 Lrg bottle of Coke free with that smile.gif

Originally posted by MikeyD:

[QB]I suspect driving into/through a house would require at least some recon first, to check out the placement of the rubble at least.QB]

Now that makes terrific sense. It's too bad we can't apply this during Setup (hiding a tank in a building that is.)

Which brings another question. Should we be able to deploy AT guns in a building or rubble?

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Which brings another question. Should we be able to deploy AT guns in a building or rubble?

A gun in building/rubble can't be moved easily if the enemy comes too close, so in most cases you'd wish to avoid it. OTOH, it would make sense in scenarios where you are pretty sure that if the enemy isn't stopped before it comes too close, there won't be anyone left to move it anyway.

Personally I think that it should definitively be allowed, as it was very likely done at times when concealment and cover went above mobility (such as when you were sure you would've had to abandon the gun anyway), but only during setup phase, except for perhaps the lightest and smallest guns. Clearing up a position in rubble or getting a gun into a building takes time, especially for the bigger PAK's.

[ October 24, 2002, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Engel ]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Actually when Jabba turned tail and ran away Micha got him with rear penetration.

And from then on he was known as Jabba the Butt... :D

Originally posted by zukkoz:

quote: this is not your tank! it is on loan to you from the(insert fatherland or motherland here. hmmm.. maybe those 2 should get together and make a babyland.. anyway)
They did get together. I think the result was Poland? Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm not trying to get political!

This thread has a whif of Peng about it!

Ahem, on tho the subject in hand. Reversing into buildings for cover - yes. Driving through them willy-nilly - no. Far too easy to break something useful on the tank.

As a more realistic compromise, I think it would have been nice to be able to drive over rubble at least. Then you could drop a building with HE and roll over the remains. I think that there's still a great possibility of throwing a track, and this would probably have to be modelled for the sake of realism.

Rgds