Testers needed for fictional CMBB Stalingrad scenario

Well, I have shelved my Seelow Heights efforts for a new absorbing fictional scenario – an urban meeting engagement brawl, set in November 42 in a city much like Stalingrad.

Called “Courtyard of Death” it’s infantry/pioneer heavy, with a few assault guns for support. Around 2600 points, very balanced. It’s at 40 turns variable now – it may be too long, but the time may be needed to make sure there is lots of death.

Anyway, the objective is to capture and hold a C-shaped, two story heavy courtyard building, more or less in the center of the map, about a block square. Think about it as Communist Party Headquarters – with all the inflated (yet tactially useless) prestige that winning and holding such a building would have to the respective adversaries.

My intent was to create a back and forth see saw battle and and a combination of street ambushes with close-in floor to floor combat, generally resulting in huge quantities of casualties on both sides. In other words, a whole bunch of compact carnage, though with some opportunities for flanking movements and indirect approaches – if your opponent isn’t TOO clever.

When the battle is over, I want the players, no matter who wins, to say “Oh, migod!”

See a screen shot below for a sense of what awaits — Ivan didn’t say “Urrah” after this little ambush, though note all the dead Fritz’s around, who a few turns earlier had ventured into street and were blasted by a Russian assault gun.

And, yes, Virginia, you can bring your flamethrowers to bear in this engagement.

I’ve done a couple of dry runs myself against the AI, though this is really meant for 2-person play. The best tests would be TCP/IP, but if anyone wants to run through against the AI, feel free.

I will be doing some tweaking over the weekend, and should have it ready on Monday. Let me know if you want to take a stab at it.

toasted.jpg

Bump!!!

Hey, still looking for testers on this one!!

Played it again -- really this is an unbelievably chaotic, carnage laden brawl...

Some screen shots to whet your appetite...

A sig33b blasting away at a cowering SMG squad inside the courtyard (by the way the Russians are winning at this point)

And in the SAME turn, a SMG squad gets fried as it tries to advance into one of the west side courtyard buildings...

I'm telling you, it's REALLY wild!!

Courtyard_of_Death1.jpg

Courtyard_of_Death2.jpg

[ December 14, 2002, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: OGF Keller ]

Well, one of my testers, a very experienced player, came back with some comments and I may tweak things a bit.

But here's what he said:

"The scenario is well balanced for TCP/IP play...

. . .The briefing was excellent.

. . . Overall good scenario and probably really exciting as a two player game."

[ December 19, 2002, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: OGF Keller ]