BFC: what about sending out press releases?

BFC (Charles, Steve, Martin, Matt, Dan):

So, what about sending out press releases? I checked the few surviving Mac game sites as well as most of the other Mac sites and sadly none of them had any info regarding the release of the demo. I don't know what the coverage has been from the PC side but so far its been abysmal from the Mac side.

So was there a strategic decision to not release info knowing that you would be inundated by the resident population for the initial downloads? I know this is your business and all, but I really want the Mac side to prosper (if not grow, what with it not being all 10.2 sexy and all ;) ) .

In any case, I would be happy to email the various magazines with the URL of the demo announcement/download pages if that will help. Martin (and everyone else) I know you have been as busy as a one legged man in a ass kicking contest coming to the wire, so this post is not meant to critical. If I can be of assistance just drop me a email, or you can give me the brushoff here :D .

As a FYI, I still am unable to access the BFC ftp server for the demo. Nor am I able to download anything else from your servers (in the recent past I have downloaded the CMBO patch and demo), I was able to download the MSW CMBB Demo (just to try getting a download) from one of the mirrors (a windows gaming magazine). I am running IE 5.1.4, on OS9.2.2, using a cable modem through a Linksys router, the provider is ATTBI. I have no trouble downloading from other places and other servers so I have no clue what the issue is. I don't know how prevalent my problem is relative to the rest of mac users.

In any case, the demo is great, my wife is buying the full version for me for my birthday :D (nice huh?).

Thanks for your time;

[ September 03, 2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: kmead ]