Meyer's Wrath

Into the chaos that is the German retreat during the British "Operation Totalize," steps a man of ruthless military genius.

SS Brigadefuhrer Kurt Meyer, known as "Panzermeyer" arrives near Falaise and watches with horror as German troops fled the incessant Allied attacks from the air and on the ground.

Maintaining his seemingly impervious calm in battle, he orders tanks of Group Waldmueller to counterattack advancing Polish tanks and infantry.

The Poles eagerly seeking revenge for the rape of their homeland in 1939 are unaware that they have become the focus of "Meyer's Wrath."

You can grab my newest battle at CMHQ Scenario Depot.

Details:

Title: Meyer's Wrath

Type: Meeting Engagement:

Countries: Poland-Germany

Date: August 8, 1944

Weather: Clear

Terrain: Dry

Turns: 25

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 08-24-2000).]

WB;

Would it be possible to upload this and forth comming scenarios on a mirrored site?

Something besides CMHQ. Like your site.

CMHQ is always clogged.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

If you like to blow up Allied Armor this is the one for you..I mean a real Turkey shoot.I'll have to try it on the Allied side,that would be really challenging.It was Fun as the Germans,but I never felt for a second that I could lose.Maybe if the 88 gets knocked out,but it didnt happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you like to blow up Allied Armor this is the one for you..I mean a real Turkey shoot.I'll have to try it on the Allied side,that would be really challenging.It was Fun as the Germans,but I never felt for a second that I could lose.Maybe if the 88 gets knocked out,but it didnt happen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SPOILER

I'm currently playing Meyer's Wrath PBEM as the Germans. On the first turn I was shocked to see all the Polish armour right in front of me. Sure enough the 88 pillbox got KO'd immediately. What may have been a turkey shoot has become a desperate attempt to stave off elimination as the Poles are easily walking thru my right flank...all the while avoiding the 75 pillbox of course. However all isn't lost as I just received the first reinforcements which I promptly threw at the Shermans and ended up bagging five for no loss(lucky?!?). There seems to be a lot more Shermans coming and hopefully I can delay them long enough until further help arrives. This is a tense match and I sure don't feel confident of winning at this point smile.gif

Great scenario Wild Bill.

Ron

Good deal Ron! You are doing fine! Whittling down the odds by five gives you a good chance at this point to do what Group Waldmueller did...turn that battle completely around from a rout to a triumph.

It can be done. Thanks for the update...WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com