FBs in Operations Question

If I set up an Operation where a player has Fighter Bombers in the first battle of an Operation, AND the weather turns out to be overcast in it(no-show for FBs), will they show up in the next and subsequent battle(s) if the skies are clear for them?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks. smile.gif

from my limited experiences I'm fairly sure that FBs only appear once in an operation, in only one battle, and do not show up again at subsequent battles.

IOW, they will only show up in the battle for which you scheduled them - if they appear at all.

The questionable nature of FBs however (never sure if they show up at all, non-controllability if they do) strongly speak against their inclusion in an operation (hard to balance a scenario with FBs) so my personal suggestion is that it is probably better if you do not use FBs at all.

M Hofbauer,

I'd like to confirm your suspicions. In another thread, I posted that I made three tests of a 5 battle operation and found what you said to be perfectly true. If bad weather shows up in a battle, the FBs don't at all -ever.

My idea was that bettles within an operation might not all be concurrent or on the same day so the FBs wouldn't stick around AND I agree that they're not very useful in an operation. I would rather have another platoon of tank destroyers or something that had greater longevity.

Thanks for the reply.