Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tungsten rounds???

I was going toe to toe with my Challenger against a Tiger(not the situation I had hoped for, but nonetheless...) and I had already sent three shells bouncing off his armor before the Tiger managed to move its slow turret into a position to fire. I got one more shot off, and this one also ricocheted. That was the last chance I had, as the Tiger flamed my Challenger in a single shot. I looked at my ammo supply, and realized that I hadn't fired any of my tungsten shells that I could have used instead of the less-able AP rounds. Why didn't I fire tungsten rounds in such a crucial situation? I mean, there really isn't a more ideal situation. Is this a fault in the AI, or is there something I haven't figure out? Thanks in advance.

What version are you using? If you haven't updgraded to 1.12, you should. Tungsten use was increased in this version, along with a bunch of other tweaks. Get the updater here http://www.battlefront.com/products/worldwar/cm/index.html

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

No - I don't know if they have 1.12 on the CDs yet. Check to the lower righthand corner of the startup screen-- it should show the version number.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

There was a thread a few weeks ago about how tanks won't use Tungsten until they drop below 35 rounds of AP.

Don't ask me why. I think it's a bug. If it's a design decision, then I'd be interested to hear the logic behind it.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

Guest claespiper

The "35" issue is not an issue any more in the 1.12 version of CMBO. Download the update if you are not sure you have it or not, and no I don't think the 1.12 is on the CD yet.

Regards

Claes

Guest Germanboy

Well the 17pdr on the Challenger should take care of the Tiger without Tungsten. What kind of distance are we talking about? Whenever I have had 17pdrs take on Tigers the Tigers lost. Without Tungsten. Sounds like you got very very unlucky there.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.