Fair PBEM setup

I was trying to setup my first PBEM the other day and found myself wondering how to make it "fair."

Furthermore, if someone starts a PBEM and sends it to ME, is there any way I can make sure he didn't give himself 5000 points and me only 1000?

By and large, I love a challenge and am up for anyone sending me any PBEM file, any weather, any units, etc. but I think getting overrun by a force 3 times your size time and time again might get old in a hurry...

PS - What's the difference between "combined arms" and "mechanized."

PPSS - I'm technically a "newbie" as I haven't played any PBEMs yet. I will only play as allies (its a personal thing). So if any German commanders out there fancy themselves as the next Rommell send your setup file to jrose75@mindspring.com, I'll take you on.

[This message has been edited by spcwrnglr (edited 08-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>is there any way I can make sure he didn't give himself 5000 points and me only 1000?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The computer won't allow such a huge difference. When you pick a point value for a game (for example 1000 pts) this is the max which the defender get. The attacker will get a slightly larger total, that amount is dependant on whether it is an attack, assault, etc...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>PS - What's the difference between "combined arms" and "mechanized."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Combined arms will feature troops and weapons

from all sections (Infantry, support, arty, armor, and fortifications) while mecahnized will lean more towards mobile formations (no fortifications, more halftracks, etc...)

Hope this helps

------------------

Wow, I've had the **** hit the fan before, but never like this...