Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

North/South friendly side not working - bug?

I don’t know if this is as it should work or if it is a bug – and if so, if it has been reported yet.

In the Map editor you can set the ‘friendly’ sides as North/South… I tested it a couple of times (before & after the patch), but when you generate forces they still hug the West/East borders of your setup zones. Whether they retreat North/South I did not test.

However – since we assume it is a bug, it is a mayor pain for the map designers creating variations for Biltong’s Campaign Rules (Map Add-On Packs).

We need to make 7 maps (Axis Ass.; Att.; Pr. // Allied Ass.; Att.; Pr. // ME) preferably from a single map by varying setup zones; flag numbers & positions; and some terrain features. If we could switch the existing map to South/North for some of the variations it would make our lives a lot easier….

Anyone knows if this is as it should be? Will the units retreat to the assigned side? A bug? Reported as such? Does BFC know about it?

Much appreciated

Biltong

If you are importing into a QB, it will always take the default east/west facings. Don't think there are any plans in the works to change things.

If you start buying units after setting facings they should appear in the right places, and retreating does work in the right direction AFAIK.

WWB