Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

need help.....!

Sorry buc-o, but German tanks couldn't traverse bocage in real life, and therefore they can't do it in CM. You gave your Tiger an impossible move, so he re-calculated another way to get to the same objective. No bug at all.

You can download the v1.12 patch that fixes some real bugs in the game though. Should be under the downloads section on this site.

[ February 04, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]

Originally posted by jagdtiger101:

Whilst in the Villes-bocage senario i was wanting one of my Tigers to crash through a hedge to a new pos. However the tank REFUSED TO GO THROUGH!!

the hedge and went around. Are there any patches to sort this bug out??

thanx :mad:

Are you sure it wasn't "bocage"? "Hedge" and "bocage" are distinct terrain types, with "hedge" being bushes like the kind around your neighbor's yard, and "bocage" being large earthen berms topped with hundreds-of-years-old gnarled trees and vegetation. Axis tanks can not go through bocage. Allied tanks can go through bocage after July '44, I think (when someone came up with the idea of welding what are essentially giant hedge-clippers to the front of Allied armor).

Welcome to the obsession.

Agua Perdido

Soldiers,

I'm surprised no one told him to do a "search...."

Anyway- the whole tank thing is just as Auga states it. German tanks couldn't traverse Bocage (on a personal note, I never liked the way Bocage was basically a large hedge. I found a way to modle bocage in senerios, using woods, and terrain elavaitons... looks pretty good if you ask me).

Welcome to the cesspool my friend.

Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldier,

The way its sliding Wacky, the way its sliding... :D

But really- I condsider the entire board as the cess, only Peng and his cohorts of morons consider there to actually be an 'outer board' and an 'inner board'

Here, and after I decided you're not a complete and utter pillock.

You have to get over your idea that Peng is somehow our ruler, Lord General MB. We're a community of like minded individuals, is all. And, while I thought the original poster's post was rather dim, and showed a definite unwillingness to seek out the truth, I wouldn't have been harsh on him, despite his tone.

You might note that no Peng Challenge Member treated him poorly. It was you Outer Board types that belittled his rather inane post.

I now realise that the bocage has been made true to form in CM. They must have been quite a high obastacle to traverse. This was the effective tactic that Barkmann employed when he made his famous stand, picking off the enemy armour as they were 'funnelled' down these lanes.

The mortar teams also played a part in unleashing salvo's on the crews and reserves that dismounted when faced with a blocked path due to wrecked armour