SPOILER--Germany's 1st Counterattack

Gentlemen (and Ladies?):

I just finished pounding my son's Limeys into dust in Germany's 1st Counterattack. He claimed my crushing victory was due to faulty balance in the scenario design, rather than any flicker of military genius. I haven't yet played as the Brits, but it did seem a bit odd that his lone reinforcement--a 75mm Sherman--arrived on the last turn of the game (turn 23), and didn't even take any orders to move. It just sat there for one turn and then it was all over except the notes of "Deutschland Uber Alles" wafting around the burning remains of the destroyed town.

Has anyone else played this yet, and if so, what is their opinion of the playbalance? Should I be telling my son he really is NOT as smart as his old man, or was I truly just blessed with a preponderance of force and Hummels (all three of which were knocked out or immobilized by his Jabos, by the way)?

Thanks for any insight, my fellow addicts...

der Bob

SPOILER!!!

i won it, though it did take a bit.

I had more trouble with the Brit infantry as no Jabo's showed. The Sheman showed but beat feat after 1-2 turns...

I managed a minor victory in this one.

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by der Bob:

Gentlemen (and Ladies?):

I haven't yet played as the Brits, but it did seem a bit odd that his lone reinforcement--a 75mm Sherman--arrived on the last turn of the game (turn 23), and didn't even take any orders to move. It just sat there for one turn and then it was all over except the notes of "Deutschland Uber Alles" wafting around the burning remains of the destroyed town.

Has anyone else played this yet, and if so, what is their opinion of the playbalance?

der Bob<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played this scenario redface.gif, but take the editor and check out the probability for arrival of the reinforcements. I have seen it as low as 5%, in which case there is a 60% chance that the reinforcements will not have arrived 10 moves after the first possible move. eek.gif

Henri

Merci beaucoups, Henri! I will try your advice and see what gives. The scenario was fun despite the relative ease with which I won--it is the first scenario I've played in which my flamethrowers actually got to use those tanks strapped to their backs; in fact, they toasted several buildings "up close and personal".

Thanks again,

der Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

I haven't played this scenario redface.gif, but take the editor and check out the probability for arrival of the reinforcements. I have seen it as low as 5%, in which case there is a 60% chance that the reinforcements will not have arrived 10 moves after the first possible move. eek.gif

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>