Painful Progress or How to enjoy Pain. **SPOILER**

PLEASE , IF YOU DID NOT PLAY BILL'S "PAINFUL PROGRESS " SCENARIO :

1 ) DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING AND...

2 ) DO YOURSELF A FAVOR : DOWNLOAD IT AND PLAY !

ACHTUNG ! ALERT !

*******SPOILER***************************SPOILER*************************

**********************************************************************************

Thank you Bill for new scenario :"Painful Progress" .I enjoyed every minute of it ( even during painful moments ! ) .It gave me a wonderful opportunity to make a lot of mistakes , like wrong timing of the artillery in the North East or sending a Sherman and a M10 without infantry cover like two tourists in a crossroad ,in the South East part of the map and suddenly finding them face to face( before exploding ) with a Tiger and 2 Sturmgeschutz ( what a sudden and bad SURPRISE !! Long live Full FOW !! ) .

My first try with it ended with a minor victory ( for me ) with to much casualties for my taste, so I replayed it two more times ( I know , it's gamey !! . Who cares ? ) just for the pleasure of improving the use of artillery and learning to better combine the work of the infantry with Tanks .

That's all , thanks again .

Crockett.

Yes, Bill I would like to add well done. Even though I got knocked out of the tourney on this scenario, it was really, really fun. Great for PBEM and probably so for TCP/IP as well. Oh yeah, one of my Greyhounds bagged 2 Stugs. Of course the other AFVs could not hit a damn thing, but it was still a good time.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Wild Bill, while I appreciate the layout and articles of Manx's fine Combat Missions site I am unable to download any scenarios from there; possibly because I'm on a Mac. I've never had any trouble downloading from your own Boots 'n Tracks site; could I possibly prevail upon you to send me your latest scenario "Painful Progress"? Your efforts are much appreciated by all CM-ers. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Armdchair (edited 01-31-2001).]