Reviewing movies

I was wondering how everyone approaches the movie watching. I find my biggest mistake is that when I take a beating on a particular turn -- i panic a turn the movie off much too soon without carefully reviewing the evidence.

I am curious about locating sound. Has anyone successfully located a reasonably close unseen firing position just by using level 1 and hunting the area for where the sound is loudest? Is the sound space in CM mission that detailed?

In my experience so far, I have never located any enemy elements by sound alone. If one can hear but not see an enemy unit......the game will place one of those generic unit sound icons on the map to indicate that something is heard in that area. My feeling is that a sound that could be heard by moving over the battlefield map would also be indicated by a visual marker for the sounds heard. It would be interesting if someone has a different experience.

Be aware also. The game may show one of those "unit sounds" visual markers during the movie.....and at the end of the movie it will disappear. It will not carry over like a visual sighting icon can.

Somebody else mentioned this and I have been trying it and like it. At some point during your replay session....use view 8 with bases on at least once all the way through the turn. It helps one get a feel for what is moving on the field.

Watching the movie is one of my favorite parts of the game smile.gif Why have all of these wonderful mods if I am not going to watch them in action smile.gif In fact at the end of my setup turn I go to the unit or area I am most interested in viewing later and setup the view so that when It returns from my opponent I am right in place to watch.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Especially when you're killing my Poles, eh, Randl?

redface.gif

Thanks for the tip on using view 8 - great idea!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greetings Master Mannheim,

LOL ____ There was a bit of Tit for Tat there as I remember seeing it. We were both exhausted and prostrate on the ground, weakly tossing dirt clods at one another at the end weren't we? smile.gif My favorite view of which was..... View 3 and no bases on, with a shift A to bring the horizon into it a little bit and a 1x-Zoom to give it that special quality...turn the sound up and then watch the smoke billow...or dirt clod dust as the case may be :))