CMBO scenario design question

Hi guys

I have a couple of questions about scenario design that I wondered if someone might be able to help with?

1) Do the victory flag markers have a major influence on the AI? So, for example, will an obviously strategic position only appear as such to the AI if its marked by a victory flag or is the AI a bit sharper than that?

2) How are the bonus points for units exiting the map calculated?

Cheers

Strontium Dog

1) Do the victory flag markers have a major influence on the AI? So, for example, will an obviously strategic position only appear as such to the AI if its marked by a victory flag or is the AI a bit sharper than that?

Yes, the flags are what the AI considers important. You can have a very important piece of real estate, such as a bridge, and have no flag on it, and then on the same map place a flag in the middle of a swamp. The AI will attack (or defend) the swamp and ignore the bridge simply because of the flag.

2) How are the bonus points for units exiting the map calculated?

Assuming you are the one that has to exit the units, your opponent will earn twice the value of a unit that you can't exit in time. For example, a 100 point unit will earn your opponent 200 points if you can't get it off in time.

Thanks Kingfish

That makes sense and explains a lot of what I've been seeing. Its quite a tricky business balancing all the points and getting the AI to behave in a relatively intelligent way. I'm starting to appreciate all the work that has gone into a lot of the scenarios out there!

Strontium Dog

Following on from the above please see the thread I posted at in the Scenario Talk forum (I thought maybe that was the place I ought to have posted first but now I'm wondering so thought I'd mention it here too smile.gif ):

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002157

Any help greatly appreciated.

Strontium Dog