Movement table

Pud

I have been scanning the forum for various ideas on which movement command is better than others for various things and have done a little table. See if you thinks this is valid.

Table modified as per suggestions below

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" ><tr bgcolor="silver"><td align="middle" valign="top" bgcolor="silver">Command</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Remain

Hidden</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Speed</td>

<td align="middle" valign="top">Fatique</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Spotting</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Return/Initiate

Fire </td></tr><tr><td align="middle" valign="top" bgcolor="silver">Crawl</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Best</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Bad</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Bad</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Bad</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Bad</td></tr><tr><td align="middle" valign="top" bgcolor="silver">Sneak</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Good</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Ok</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Good</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Good</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Good</td></tr><tr><td align="middle" valign="top" bgcolor="silver">Move</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Ok</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Good</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Best</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Best</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Best</td></tr><tr><td align="middle" valign="top" bgcolor="silver">Fast</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Bad</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Best</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Bad</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Ok</td><td align="middle" valign="top">Ok</td></tr></table>

Pud

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 11-23-2000).]

The title got me all excited, I thought finally someone had come up with a table showing movement rates for different speed units on all the different terrains... i.e. how far can that squad move in a 1 minute turn...

Someday when I'm really really bored I'll do it...

------------------

You see my orders were, "Don’t open fire unless we’re getting heavy fire from the pillboxes on the river". Well, it turned out that heavy fire to me and heavy fire to that lieutenant from the antiaircraft platoon, who never had been on the front-line in his life, was quite different.

Gen. DuPuy, 9th Infantry Division, crossing the Siegfried Line

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Fatigue : crawl = bad

spotting : run = ok, but not good

..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed on both counts. Especially the spotting thing - try using the LOS tool on a FAST moving unit. no matter how far they can see, they don't LOOK anywhere but dead ahead.