Will BTS ever answer this?

Well, this was frequently asked but AFAIK never seriously answered...

How many copies of CM:BO were sold? I assume it is one of the (if not THE) most sucessful wargames ever, insinuations from BTS speak of 'tens' sometimes (IIRC) of hundrets of thousand copies...

And if they still want to make a secret of it, I wonder why? Is there any biz related reason for a secret?

[ July 26, 2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Scipio,

I don't know how many copies they've sold, but Moon dropped this tidbit in his interview with you:

"If we had thrown away our partnership with CDV because of a couple of ASCII characters had to be changed for leagal reasons, tens of thousands of customers in Europe that are playing Combat Mission Beyond Overlord now wouldn't be."

So, "tens of thousands" of people have bought the game in Europe. At least we have a floor on the range of units sold.

[ July 26, 2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: redeker ]

Originally posted by redeker:

Scipio,

I don't know how many copies they've sold, but Moon dropped this tidbit in his interview with you:

"If we had thrown away our partnership with CDV because of a couple of ASCII characters had to be changed for leagal reasons, tens of thousands of customers in Europe that are playing Combat Mission Beyond Overlord now wouldn't be."

So, "tens of thousands" of people have bought the game in Europe. At least we have a floor on the range of units sold.

Yes, I have read my own interview, too ;) . This means at least more then 20.000...

Originally posted by Dittohead:

Someone call the IRS and get their business tax returns using the Freedom of information Act. ;)

well you see THATS why they don't disclose there sales figures, the money from the international sales is perhaps unseen and untaxed by the IRS and goes directly into Steve and Charles' personal Swiss Bank account, disclosing sales figures would only GIVE the IRS info to go after them ;)tongue.gif

-tom w