Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AndrewTF--one thing your uniforms need...

But the cuff titles would appear on both arms; I am hoping this is rectified in CMBB if it is not too much of a drain on resources; the Germans had many one arm only types of insignia - Jaeger and Gebirgsjaeger badges, cuff titles, arm shields in the case of SS and other foreign legions, ROA troops, etc.

Would be nice to be able to include the helmet decals; the eagle and swastika was in use on the left side until 1943 (officially) even if the tricolour was not supposed to be used after 1940.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

But the cuff titles would appear on both arms; I am hoping this is rectified in CMBB if it is not too much of a drain on resources; the Germans had many one arm only types of insignia - Jaeger and Gebirgsjaeger badges, cuff titles, arm shields in the case of SS and other foreign legions, ROA troops, etc.

Would be nice to be able to include the helmet decals; the eagle and swastika was in use on the left side until 1943 (officially) even if the tricolour was not supposed to be used after 1940.

True, but the Waffen-SS arm eagle already does so now. Adding a cuff title wouldn't mar it anymore than having a Waffen-ss national service eagle on both arms.

[ February 26, 2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

Originally posted by Commissar:

True, but the Waffen-SS arm eagle already does so now. Adding a cuff title wouldn't mar it anymore than having a Waffen-ss national service eagle on both arms.

Um...by definition, adding more stuff to a sleeve that isn't supposed to be there would definitely "mar it any more" I don't use any mods that call for the sleeve eagle, anyway, having found a nice smock and fieldgrey trousers combo. I think two cufftitles look unspeakably silly, but to each his own. If you send me the sleeve files you want cuff titles added to, I can do that for you.

On the Afrika Korps and tropical FJ uniform mod that I never finished :rolleyes: I put cuff titles on the sleeves. It doesn't look that awful, really. I also managed to put a tricolor and eagle on the FJ helmet in my "Blue FJ" uniform mod that I think I sent to someone for a special project and never saw again. It looks pretty good.