Announcing a new but small mod site

The Mod addition to my web site is up at last. (It has been a long weekend.)

Find it at http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/8461/mod.html

The CMBB or CM2 section deals with files that deal with the censorship and dumbing down of the game in both European and US versions. I also have files to convert the European game to US standards. (I would be interested to here from anybody who has other such files.) There are some original files by me that puts the Hammer & Sickle the right way round on the hidden unit icons. Juju has given his permission to include his excellent Hi-res Iron Crosses that he did for CMBO which many of you will not have seen before.

I have tried to ask permission of everybody to use their files and have cited their work. However I have been unable to contact Marcus Bloess or the creator of the Vapaudenristi Scenario Icon Bar and have included them on the site on the grounds that Mods are supposed to be on the net.

I also have mods and scenarios done by me for CMBO and the Steel Panthers series.

Many thanks to Eden Smallwood and Gary Krockover for inspiring me to do it. (Not to mention CDV! ;) )

(Don't bother using the email address on the homepage - I only look twice a year. If you want me look up my adddress on the member profile.)

Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

Many thanks to Eden Smallwood and Gary Krockover for inspiring me to do it.

(aw shucks)

Your welcome, good for you! Your Soviet Hidden Unit icon looks great; I'll get that innaminnit.

In terms of a real contribution, let me know if you'd like me to make you a background tile, in the style of:

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/programming/HTML_IconLink5.HTML

Not to everyone's taste, certainly, but if you'd like me to make one per your taste I will certainly try!

Eden

My new page seems to have survived the night – despite Geocities closing it down for an hour after only 36 visitors! Seems to be back up this morning. Try and download only the files you need and avoid using DAP etc – they are all small (Even the big files are elatively small in CM mod terms) and you can get them in one go! It is a Geocities freebie site after all!

Eden I really like the silver glossy sci-fi look – suppose if I was going to use one should be something Tankie considering my taste in games! As the site has got bandwidth problems – probably best to stick with elegant white. Only just got the star background on the sites front page to work – I used some demo software back in 1998, which for some reason didn’t save it properly and Explorer showed it tiled with visible edges!

Took all Saturday morning to do the heading graphic (I was up at 7!) – I then missed lunch doing a diving bar to match which in the end I just deleted! Yep I should have spent the time doing the mods better!