Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Turrnbull's Fight - An excellent scenario!

Downloaded and played Byran Mel's "Turnbull's Fight" from WB Raiders, as Allies against the AI.

What an excellent nailbiter, got a total victory, but it was close enough. No spoilers here, you have to play this beauty, period.

Unfortunately both Lt Turnbull and Lt Michaelman died in the last two turns. Themselves and 3 of their para squads will be commended, as they caused more than 85 casualties to the enemy alone.

The AI played quite well, supporting assaulting troops, but could have done with a bit more coordination, as some troops were left in no-man's land in the end and did not help their camaraden. Let's say they decided not to wink.gif.

Thanks for an great 2 hours guys. And a really nice open map. Well done.

ps. Something that struck me is the placement of several units inside bocage rather than behind. I thought you get smaller exposure and better concealment if you are behind the bocage. Am I wrong or is the placement sub-optimal?

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

[This message has been edited by coralsaw (edited 10-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coralsaw:

ps. Something that struck me is the placement of several units inside bocage rather than behind. I thought you get smaller exposure and better concealment if you are behind the bocage. Am I wrong or is the placement sub-optimal?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coralsaw,

Thanks for the tip on this scenario. I wish more people would post their opinions on scenarios here. Even just a one liner would do.

As for the bocage LOS issue. Bocage is basically a dirt berm with some vegetation on it. If you stand behind it you can't see over the berm. If you stand on (in) it you're in a raised position so your LOS is only limited by the vegetation.

GP

Groundpounder,

My pleasure, the least I can do is appreciate had work done.

Re/ bocage, I am pretty sure that in CM you can have almost the same quality of LOS if you are behind the bocage as if you are within, with less exposure. Am I being wrong?

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coralsaw:

Groundpounder,

My pleasure, the least I can do is appreciate had work done.

Re/ bocage, I am pretty sure that in CM you can have almost the same quality of LOS if you are behind the bocage as if you are within, with less exposure. Am I being wrong?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm...I think I'll run an experiment.

GP