Tables of Organisation and Equipment ( TOE's )

I suspect this may be old news but I noticed that Helion books www.helion.co.uk are selling Micromark TOE's giving breakdowns of various divisions into their vsrious junior formations ie so many brigades per Division, battalians per brigade etc etc right down to squad level giving details of weapons used attached heavy weapopns etc. Hell they explain it better than I do...go and have a look :D each looks at a specific unit type eg tank division etc, mountain division etc and are £1 a piece.

Thought they might prove handy for scenario designers. I'll probably buy a couple come pay day out of curiosity, let you know what I think

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

Hmm I'm interested, they might be interesting at least as backup information. How reliable are those charts? How do they looklike? Do you have any of these? Can you describe a bit what kind of content they have?

Like I said I haven't bought any myself yet, so clicking the link and having a look would probably be the best thing - when you get to the site choose the first button ( Book catalogues ) and then the second from bottom on the next page. There's a description of what they are all about and a list of what's available, hope that helps.

Thanks for the explanation, Agentorange, but I had been there and taken a look before I asked in my post. It's just that the information there isn't very helpful or specific - " Divisional support " can be anything from artillery and engineer assets to dentists and lawyers. Since obviously they couldn't possibly fit all divisonal support items onto "one color coded DIN A4 card sheet" I would really like to know just what it is they have on there.

It also doesn't say who compiles those charts and how much effort that someone put into getting them correct.

If I was in the UK I'ld just go ahead and try it out.

Yeah, I probably will after all they're only a £ a go - so it's not like I'll be spending a fortune

I might order some tommorrow, there's a couple of books on the site I like the look of, If I order them I'll get a couple of the TOE's. I've got a scanner so if I do I'll get an image and post it ( but don't hold your breath :D )