Mac Type 2 and 3 errors

pford

Are there any known extensions that cause Type 2 and 3 errors. V1.1 crashes on my iMac DV pre and post upgrade to MacOS 9.1. It did this with the last beta version also (in another thread). I have CM v1.1 running on my old PowerPC with a G3 upgrade so I am not desperate but I am getting there. CM crashes at the point where it should switch over to the game screen after all the setup has taken place.

From personal experiance, those are gonna be:

A lack of memory or, more likely

Some texture file that is needed to complete the graphic is "bad." This could mean wrong size proportions, missing file, damaged file, ect. I found that out the hard way after I realized that the Mac ResEdit data files can't exceed 15 some megs, and trying to add more memory onto 'em (such as lots of hi res mods) will damage the actual ones. I also made some "scaled up" mods for my own use, and it an error happened in the transfer process there, I'd have that problem.

GO back briefly and see if CM will run with the origional graphics, and I bet it will.

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee