Some infos missing in QB briefing

Scipio

Thanks god we have now a briefing screen for QBs, but there are some infos that I miss:

The attack type and the daytime is not shown

Region, temperatur, wind and especially weather -when set to random, the briefing screen does only show 'Random'. It would be better when it shows what was randomly selected, too, as it does for random map selections.

And BTW, it would be also helpful if the ALT_B key would be already active during the QB purchase.

[ September 24, 2002, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Scipio,

Bumping your own thread is not good form.

WE HEAR YOU!!!!

I had asked Charles before about putting in the exact choice for those RANDOM settings. He had some weird code explanation of why he didnt want/couldn't do it.

I think basically its not really important and after ten seconds in the map you can figure it out all out anyway.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Scipio,

Bumping your own thread is not good form.

WE HEAR YOU!!!!

I had asked Charles before about putting in the exact choice for those RANDOM settings. He had some weird code explanation of why he didnt want/couldn't do it.

I think basically its not really important and after ten seconds in the map you can figure it out all out anyway.

Madmatt

Sorry Madmatt, it's only because everybody starts a new threat when he has received his game.

The informations about the weather are very important when you start a quick battle with human purchase, in my experience as a ladder custodian the most played type of game. In a night battle with fog = 60m visible range I wouldn't purchase guns or mortars, for example.

Hmm, thats a good point about the time of day...I will nudge Charles and see if that can perhaps be added to the little info line in the QB purchase screen.

The one problem would be if the game doesnt in fact "know" what its going to be until the map itself is built in the next step...

I will let you know what Charles has to say on this.

Madmatt

I wouldn't mind keeping it as it is. Part of the fun with random is that you're forced to by stuff that are good in all types of terrain/daytime/weather. IMHO the best solution would be to have a flag: Keep random parameters secret during purchase? Yes/No. Shouldn't that make everyone (except Charles) happy?

Originally posted by Visom:

I wouldn't mind keeping it as it is. Part of the fun with random is that you're forced to by stuff that are good in all types of terrain/daytime/weather. IMHO the best solution would be to have a flag: Keep random parameters secret during purchase? Yes/No. Shouldn't that make everyone (except Charles) happy?

My guess is that suggestion would make Charles unhappy smile.gif .

-tom w

[ September 25, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]