Big Valley v1.7

Big Valley was just released it yesterday it has been in

play testing for 2 month and I think (and hope) you will like it.

Big Valley v1.7

Date: 9/44 (5/25/01)

Length: 40 turns

Side: American (U.S.) Vrs German (SS)

Size: Reinforced Motorized Battalion-level

(with large armor attachments)

Battle: Fictional Meeting Engagement

Weather: Clear & Dry

Author: Tom the "Big Dog" Oliver

CM: v 1.12

Best Played: as PBEM

Designer’s Notes:

1. This is a huge map, with a large force it will most likely tax slower systems. With the heavy tree cover and distances that need to be covered, the AI has trouble and it’s not advisable to play against the AI.

2. The map has multiple approaches, good cover and is set up for equal play. Both forces are equal in points & composition. Total points are approximately 10000 per side 6000pts with the opening force. 4000pts in reinforcements, broken into 3rds.

3. Its mid September and Patton’s 3rd Army lead by the 4th Armored Division, is driving up from the South East. As they push North East the Germans continue to try to slow the 3rd Army’s advance to the unmanned Siegfried Line.

4. The battle is take control of the main bridge at the center of map. The Valley runs East–West with a winding river running through the center. There are 3 bridges in the Big Valley. The main stone bridge in the center, a small wood bridge at the West end of the valley & a longer wood rail bridge at the East end. The river has numerous fords for infantry crossings.

5. For the Americans you must cross to the North side of the river and establish & control a bridgehead at the main crossing.

6. For the Germans you must stop Patton’s spearhead and try to reestablish a MLR at the river.

7. If you’re like me preferring larger battles with lots of options to achieve victory I think you will enjoy this Scenario. Both sides’ needs to cover their flanks with the diagonal setup zones it makes for the best kind of meeting engagement.

Please let me know what you think of Big Dogs Big Valley. We appreciate all comments, or suggestion for improvement.

toliver2@home.com

I would like to thank the Big Dog testing team. Without there help & input I could not have made this a truly balanced scenario.

Murry the "Claymore" Darrach

Michael "Brian Boru'" Keating

Levi "Mr-Johnson" Klein

Big Dogs Big Valley can be found at

Combat Mission Scenario Depot

Give it a go if CPU and bandwidth are not a problem :D