Something wrong with 'All or Nothing'?

I've been playing as the Germans in the 'All or Nothing' scenerio. First thing I did was blow up the wooden 'secondary' bridge. Secondly I placed four vehicles across the concrete 'primary' bridge, which were promptly abandoned. After 40 turns the British have only managed to get a few platoons over the primary bridge. Casualties are 17 men each for both sides. The Brits seem to have a few tanks which hover around the south side of the map. Their attack has been totally pathetic and unchallenging.

At first this scenerio seemed to have a lot of promise. Was it meant to be played as the British attackers? Anyone played this as the Germans and had the British even come close to mounting a reasonable attack?

Guest KwazyDog

Vancouver Id definately recomend playing that one as the Germans as the AI or if possable against a human opponent. Ive played it about a dozen time pbem and it can be a lot of fun.

Ive played it against a Brit AI many times and he has had varying success. I think the AI can sometimes be overly cautious and when so isnt too keen to attack across the stone bridge. I have had him reach the town on me other times though. I think it depends on what type of leader the AI is to start with (it can vary between cautious to reckless).

Anyways, hope that helps wink.gif Id recommend playing it as the brits or better yet finding a pbem opponent. Ive had a lot of fun playing that one smile.gif

Vancouver, I am on about turn 40 as the British, and it is a hornets nest. I was wondering what it's like to play as the Jerry. It is actually the first scenario I've played yet that is stubbornly challenging. Hat's off to Kwazydog. Without giving away any spoilers, there are a number of factors in this scenario that are amazingly difficult and annoying. I keep having one thing stop me after another, in a almost choreographed series of disasters, which I'm sure were well thought out and planed. I have both blessed and cursed Mr. Dog while struggling through this one...and I still HAVE NOT even got into the town!!!

Play it as the Brits. I can't imagine how horrible this would be against a good human player. I'm not having fun...This one is work!

Zamo