Crash problem 'help!!'

I recently upgraded to Windows XP from Win 98. I just installed the UK version of CMBB and it just crashes to a 'no signal to monitor' state when I run it. I checked the demo, which had worked fine on Win 98 and that crashes the same way as well. By the way when I upgraded Windows I also changed Nvidia Geforce drivers to the latest (4072).

Can anyone suggest anything I can try?

TIA

Jon

I have a Win98 and an XP dual boot system and I use XP almost all the time. It is a ton more stable.

In regards to the Nvidia drivers, arent the 40.xx beta drivers? Are they official drivers?

I would guess that your computer is sending a refresh rate that your monitor cannot handle and thus the monitor is going into safe mode (which means it turns itself instead of frying itself)

Good Luck

jonp

Not too experienced with XP although I've played with it a bit. It's a bit bloated and slow, but it's still light years better than that POS 98, so stick with XP.

Does XP come with DirectX, or must this be installed separately? Have you installed SP1 for XP on your machine as well?

ianc