Beta patch

Jumbo

I was wondering when the most recent CMBO patch will move on beyond the beta stage. I am very grateful for this game as it enables my best friend and I to battle it out in the worlds best wargame and yet be on different sides of the globe.

The trouble is that my friend wants to wait for the final release of the patch. Until then the game enhancements are beyond my reach. I'm stuck at ver. 1.05.

I'm just hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you.

Jumbo

What is the main reason you do not want to load the BETA...This is not like BETA software from Microsoft as in an OS or something. The BETA works great and is very stable. I have 1.23 on now and have had no problems that I did not cause. If you d/l the BETA (it is mostly only one EXE) It is named different so you can keep the 1.05 patch also and always go back to it if needed. Not only that but you can help BTS with any BUGS you MAY find. I personally think I had many more bugs in 1.05 than in 1.23 BETA.

Just my two cents,

Horrido

Horrido,

Them 2 cents are well received!

My situation is that I want to keep PBEMing with my BEST friend who wants to wait for the final version. I heartily accept your report on ver. 1.05.

Isn't there an incompatability issue? Won't he get a message telling him to upgrade when we PBEM if I upgrade and he doesn't?

I don't mind helping BTS. I simply love this game and more power to BTS.

Maybe I'm missing something. How can I upgrade AND still PBEM with someone who only has ver. 1.05? I guess that is the $64 question. Many thanks.

Jumbo