Cintheux-Totalize - How to do Better?!

To all who have played the excellent scenario, "Cintheux-Totalize_v.03", I'm curious what tactics you used to gain a German Minor or Major victory?

I've just completed it with a German Tactical Victory and complete Allied surrender. But...

** SPOILERS ***

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

Wow. By the end of the game, +all+ the Allied armor was destroyed, but I myself was down to 1 Tiger and 1 Jagdpanzer IV. Ouch. The entire II.Panzerabteilung was shot to pieces (20 PzIV), and nearly the entire 101st SS Tiger Battalion. And I managed to replicate the historical feat of getting Wittmann killed. (sigh)

I'm not used to Tactical Victories, and I'm reviewing my tactics to see what I could improve upon. But nothing obvious jumps to mind. The 1st part (defense) was easy, but advancing into the teeth of those milling Shermans to gain the VF was suicide for my Panzertruppen. The 17lbr AT guns were wickedly hidden and placed (great job Desert Fox!), and there was no safe place to mass panzers that wouldn't get crossfire from one end of the board or the other as I advanced (Sherman Fireflys in both corners of the map)...

What tactics did you use to beat this mission? Any tips on how to fight such a massive armored battle so that it's something other than a huge firefight with massive attrition?

I am but a humble student at the feet of ye masters... ;>

Chris