Nijmegan ***Spoiler?*

What can I say but..WOW!

Bloody, especially for the paras who cross the river...20 mm Flak and a bunch of infantry and once all that is neutralized, those *&^% pillboxes. It is a good thing these are para most other units would have routed as almost all the leaders are killed including Maj Cook.

on the otherside it is a nasty urban/houseclearing op with most of my armor being brewed up by fausts and a pillbox 75 and a regular 76 mm AT gun...

all I managed was a draw and consider myself lucky to have done that.

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

Were you able to take the bridge, Pathfinder? If you were, though not in print, you have achieved a great victory in opening the way for XXX Corps to get their butts hustling on up to Arnhem.

Small consolation for the losses entailed, but at least you know it.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

*SPOILER*

in honesty, I would say no, mission NOT accomplished for the paras. That 75 MM pillbox at the bridge was still operational and I had not been able to find a still functional bazooka or gammon bomb carrying squad to take it out. a normal close attack had failed earlier...and no armor left

*sigh* maybe one more time smile.gif

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 07-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 07-05-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Were you able to take the bridge, Pathfinder? If you were, though not in print, you have achieved a great victory in opening the way for XXX Corps to get their butts hustling on up to Arnhem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hum. At least until tea time.

biggrin.gif

I just finished Nijmegen with a Major Victory. Since I had Yank paras on the far side of the bridges and Brit tanks on the near side, it was mission accomplished for the 82nd Airborne. It was bloody as all hell, though. I don't much enjoy this sort of victory.

Allies

201 casualties (48 KIA)

12 vehicles knocked out

Score: 75

Axis

313 casualties (103 KIA)

91 captured

1 mortar destroyed

11 guns destroyed

5 pillboxes knocked out

9 vehicles knocked out

Score: 25

The copious and timely reinforcements were greatly appreciated, Wild Bill. smile.gif

Dan