A not so newbie needs Battle assistance

I just made my first custom map and tried to design a bocage battle scene. Of course I play the Amis all the time and I arranged the field to favor the germans I even gave them a dreaded pill box 88 and 2 mortar spttoers with bigg loads of ammo..Can I arrange the german in the positions I want them in like the cimputer does in a quick battle or is that not possible and these are for 2 players all the time??

if you design a scenario in the editor you should be able to play it against the ai.

you can lock units down (right click, LOCK) in the scenario editor so they will remain there no matter what.

of the ones which aren't locked down in the editor, when playing against the ai you can choose 'stick to scenario default' or 'free setup' for the ai player. if you 'stick to default' the computer player won't change the setup for any of the units. if you choose 'free setup' then the computer will move units around.

another way of 'locking down' all units is to provide no setup zone for the ai player. so with either default or free setup, the computer player's units will remain in the same place.

i hope this helps.

andy