Vehicle Contact order

Isnt the hunt more of a commond for stopping when guns, or tanks are spotted? That has been my experience that both in CMBO and CMBB a tank with the hunt order will not stop for infantry IIRC. So it would seem that the advance to contact order in CMBB would make the tank stop for any enemy contact and fire at it.

Just my opinion though, havnt tried it out yet.

Chad

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

Isnt the hunt more of a commond for stopping when guns, or tanks are spotted? That has been my experience that both in CMBO and CMBB a tank with the hunt order will not stop for infantry IIRC. So it would seem that the advance to contact order in CMBB would make the tank stop for any enemy contact and fire at it.

Just my opinion though, havnt tried it out yet.

Chad

Can't say absolutely for sure (can't build a test scenario with the demo to check), but this does seem to be the case - Hunting vehicles will only stop for armored targets, whereas Move to Contact vehicles will stop for anything.

Also subjective and without definitive testing, but Move to Contact seems to be slower than Hunt - about the speed of the CMBO "Move" order, so AFVs on this order will just about keep pace with infantry.

This makes me speculate that AFVs Moving to Contact likely have a little bit better spotting ability that Hunting vehicles.

Also, it's a logical assumption that Move to Contact will be available to AFVs with MGs only, and hunt will remain as in CMBO (i.e., vehicle must have main gun to use this order).

Cheers,

YD