Downloading mods with FTP

Can anyone help here. I have tried loads of times to download a 15 Meg mod (Gunslinger terrain) which is only available via FTP. I am not too familiar with this except that it seems to take an abosolute age.

My ISP runs a 2 hour cut-off and I never seem to get close to having the full file. With other mod downloads I just click the link, tell it where to download to and can normally do 30 - 40 M in two hours.

I tried setting IE to 'allow web based FTP', then I got a page of links and when I clicked it said page cannot be displayed. I didn't get the 'download to' option when I right clicked the link as IE help suggested I would. I then disabled Web based FTP, clicked the mod link in CM Outpost and it took me to the list of zip files which I then attempted to 'copy'. There must be an easier way. Isn't there????