New Non-PC Scenario Icons mod

Just posted a small mod that controls the icons on your scenario choice screen. Now got actual Red Army badges.

You can get it thanks to Gary smile.gif on his CMBB site at http://www.garykrockover.com/cmbb/

This is the readme:

I got so mad at seeing WG in the scenario screen that I have had ago at creating my own scenario icons - it is partly based on Vapaudenristi's mod

and the more subdued and sharper SS Runes on the US version - which a friend sent me.

I do not pretend to be an artist and consider it work in progress but have made some advancements on the historical accuracy of the Red Army Icons.

New Badges:

Mechanised - Tank Officers Collar Badge on black collar.

Paratrooper - Parachutist Badge 1936.

Cavalry - Shoulder Collar Badge (Collars are blue and look darker

than this CMBB hue.)

Navy - Red Star on black background - (Original tanker badge but how

star would appear on Navy Uniform!)

Guards - Guards Personnel Badge 1942 on red background.

Mechanised Guards - Guards Badge on black background.

I feel that I have to defend the use of Nazi (and Communist) icons in my mod as CDV and the German government have censored the game throughout Europe on the grounds that it could corrupt the young. My feeling is that computer games do not have any great political influence. However, I hope that the game could inspire people to

read some books about WWII and realise that dictators of any shade are evil and that we should not be hypnotised into killing each other

by some political ideology. Such dictators have been keen in the past to rewrite history in similar way to CDV have done. I hope that like me, playing CM2 brings you a host of new friends across Europe and the rest of the World.

Sources:

Anton Shalito, Ilya Savchenkov & Andrew Mollo Red Army Uniforms of World War II.

David Webster & Chris Nelson Uniforms of the Soviet Union 1918-1945.

Mark Gallear (Dirty Mark) British and proud to be European!

Guard’s Badge for Russian Elite troops. This status and better equipment was given to units that had "acted heroically". Red background Infantry - black background Armour.

Actually almost all Guard units were either Tank Divisions or Motorised Rifle Divisions. (Ok there were some Infantry Divisions intially but they were rapidly motorised.) CMBB unlike CMBO does not seem to differentiate between tank and infantry units anymore!

I suppose I should put the Hammer & Sickle in the cap badges.