Scenario size. What do you prefer…

Bugger. Having wandered in here, because of Abbots name on the thread, and having abused that complete waste of human energy, ianc, I suppose I should give an actual answer to the question posed.

I prefer an 800 to 1500 point (base, to the Defender) scenario, on a medium to large map.

Small maps, besides being claustrophobic, impose all sorts of artificial conditions, often allowing one side to get away with actions that would have seen them handed their arse on larger maps.

I'd say that my favourite is the 1250-1500 range, on a medium map.

More than that, and you spend far too much time telling your opponent what a useless sodding bastard he is.

About a company or maybe two for the defender. Two companies to a reinforced battalion for the attacker. Large map (I like plenty of room to maneuver; but to be fair, don't make the defender have to defend all of it). 35-45 turns (unless there is a specific reason, I find having acute time pressures really arbitrary and artificial; CM-sized firefights could actually stretch out over the best part of a morning or afternoon).

Michael